Re: email reminders say when a draft expires, but not that you can't submit?

In message <9D9C9EE8-290D-4A80-9061-CC79A5098A95@xxxxxxxxx>, "Fred Baker (fred)" writes:
> > On Oct 20, 2015, at 7:15 PM, marka@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Why force people to use the exception mechanisms when a little bit of
> > proactive action can avoid the issue altogether?
>
> What specifically are you asking? Are you asking the IESG to be
> proactive, or the working group chair, or the author(s)? In what specific
> way would you like people to be proactive?

The last reminder I got had a 9 days until the draft expired.  The
reminder that triggered this thread had 1.x days and less time than
that to submit before the embargo.

	Expires:  2015-10-20 (in 19 hours, 17 minutes)

That all reminders that would be sent out in the 9 days upto the
submissing embargo and all reminders that would be sent during the
submission embargo be brought forward to the T-9 days.

That the start and end times of the current/next submission embargo
be in the reminder emails.

The allows all authors 9 days in which to submit a update after the
reminder without encountering a embargo period.  It also allows
authors to plan their work schedule without having to go and lookup
when the next embargo period starts.

Getting a reminder, doing the work, then not being able to submit
it because you ran into the embargo period kind of defeats the
purpose of the reminder.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC