Re: email reminders say when a draft expires, but not that you can't submit?

In message <5626D376.9050106@xxxxxxxxx>, joel jaeggli writes:

> On 10/20/15 4:15 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > In message <5626C842.3010107@xxxxxxxxx>, joel jaeggli writes:
> >>
> >> The draft deadline is to provide for a break between the time of
> >> submission and the meeting proper. a lot of work has to be done to
> >> agendas, reading and so on in the interceeding two weeks. Nevertheless
> >> we have an established system for  exception handling so if for
> whatever
> >> reason a updated draft really needs to be posted in the next two weeks,
> >> ask the responsible AD, and it will be addressed.
> >
> > Why force people to use the exception mechanisms when a little bit
> > of proactive action can avoid the issue altogether?
>
> I doubt very much this is the sole reason where recourse to exception
> handling is necessary.
>
> This doesn't need to be debated it can simply be handled.
>
> If it doesn't need to be addressed because it's not actually a problem
> so much the better.
>

> joel
>
> > Mark

Below is the last expire message due that I got.  You will note
that it was sent 9 days before the expiry was due but we now have
a 2 week embargo period (it used to 1 week for existing drafts and
9 days was barely enough time to get a revision in under the deadline,
but people gamed the system).  There is no indication of when the
embargo period will occur.

The following draft will expire soon:

Name:     draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303
Title:    Add 100.64.0.0/10 prefixes to IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry.
State:    I-D Exists
Expires:  2015-04-30 (in 1 week, 2 days)

How hard would it to be to add one or two lines saying when the
submission embargo will be to this message?

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka@xxxxxxx