Re: Summary of IETF LC for draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey

> On Sep 17, 2015, at 5:26 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The document seems to say that I should not trust a key found by
> this method just because of where I find it.  That is entirely
> consistent with other PGP documents and existing keyservers.  I
> should, instead, rely on web of trust relationships, e.g.,
> signatures on the particular key.

OPENPGP is a data format, WoT is one way to employ that format to
exchange messages.   It is not a *required* way to use OPENPGP.
In particular, if a user elects to configure an MUA to use DNSSEC
as a trusted introducer, so as to be able to increase privacy
of messaging beyond his immediate social circle, that's a fine
choice.  Think of it as "opportunistic PGP".  It's what you
do when you'd have otherwise sent the email in the clear anyway.

--
	Viktor.