Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-01.txt

G'day,

Last Spring, Ralph and I submitted the initial version of a draft
revision to Working Group Guidelines and Procedures.

As the draft explains:

> 1.1.  Background
>
>    This version is organized as an aid to (new) working group
>    participants both as an introduction and as a later reference.
>
>    o  It describes existing IETF rules and practices and does not
>       describe or suggest any changes.
>
>    Specifically this version of the document:
>
>    o  Replaces general IETF tutorial material that it had with pointers
>       to independent versions
>
>    o  Incorporates work from a number of targeted efforts over the years
>
>    o  Reorganizes content to aid direct use by working group
>       participants
>
>    o  Distinguishes between formal IETF requirements and processes,
>       versus common practices chosen by working groups, where the latter
>       are primarily discussed in a non-normative external IETF Wiki
>       (Appendix C) that can be continually revised by the community.

We are seeking community discussion of the draft and suggestions for
revision.  Note that the draft has a lengthy list of Open Issues.

A mailing list has been established for this:

Thanks.

d/