Re: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6490-bis-04.txt> (Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator) to Proposed Standard

At Mon, 3 Aug 2015 16:16:22 -0400, Sandra Murphy wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2015, at 11:51 AM, Rob Austein <sra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I prefer Richard's option 2 (allow but do not require linebreaks),
> > which is what RFC 6490 RP implementations had to support anyway.
>
> Richard?s option 2 allows insertion of line breaks in a TAL.
>
> Should we add a ?Relying parties MUST ignore line breaks/whitespace? as well?

Writer being allowed to insert whitespace rather strongly implies that
reader must cope with said whitespace, so seem unnecessary, but if
saying this explicitly makes people feel better, sure, whatever.

> Richard?s message agrees that everyone?s relying party code he?s
> looked at does that anyway.

Yep.