Re: WG adoption threads

    Brian> (I see similar messages from non-authors, and I am definitely
    Brian> doubtful about them unless they start with something like "I
    Brian> have read this draft and...".)

I guess I generally assume the non-authors supporting adoption are
familiar with the draft and its approach even if they have not read the
full content.
I definitely think it's useful and necessary to get support from
non-authors.

I generally assume that authors support adoption of a draft.  I'd
certainly find "I don't support adoption of my own draft because blah
blah blah," a very informative comment in such a discussion:-)