Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> (The .onion Special-Use Domain Name) to Proposed Standard

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 09:56:27AM -0700,
 Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 331 lines which said:

> there are lots of other ways to partition the namespace.
> pseudo-TLDs are not required; they look convenient because they hide
> the costs.

I'm sure there are but, scratching my head, I don't immediately
remember one. It would be great to have an Internet-Draft describing
the ways to have identifiers for Joe Developer's new naming scheme,
with their pros and cons.

​Lisa Dusseault actually wrote up a good description of the choices one point during her tenure as AD; I'll send her mail and see if she can refresh it/put it into some place obvious.

Ted