Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

On 4 Jul 2015, at 11:29, John R Levine wrote:

>>> 10.17487/RFC7556)
>>
>> Ok, then the format is already decided (although implicitly), and should not be changed.
>
> They're still opaque identifiers, so the format isn't important.  I don't know how to make that any clearer.

Because they have been published, we immediately have a question about persistence. We can now, from my perspective, not change the format as they have already been included in the RFC Index. Its a persistence issue.

We COULD have changed the format, discussed it, or whatever, but that point in time is passed.

   Patrik