Re: Questions about the new IETF mail archive

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 07:14:03PM -0000, John Levine wrote:

There's an export to mbox/maildir option!  Yes!  (I used to keep a
script to stream-edit the almost-mbox mailman archives into mbox
format.  It seems I've lost it.)

> When reading through messages in a thread, there's no easy way I can
> see to go to the previous or next message other than to click up and
> down on the list of messages.  That's OK but you can't tell what
> you've already read (the old version provided this sort of by accident
> in browsers that change the color on links you've visited), [...]

The old-style mailman archive, the one with a link for each month (or
quarter), with by-thread and by-date views, is hard to beat.  Granted,
having a different archive by month (or quarter) was a bit of a PITA,
but not too bad.  Still, an mbox/maildir export feature... that makes up
for the UI faults (which hopefully will get fixed in due time).

Hmm, [spam] HTML e-mail gets rendered...  Is that a problem?  Probably.

> But the most concerning is indexing, or lack thereof.  [...]

+1