Re: appeal concerning the IANAPLAN Draft

Dear M. Morfin,

The IAB has consulted, and we reluctantly agree to accept an appeal
from you before 2015-06-23 00:00:00 UTC, as if it were submitted
according to the appropriate deadline.  We believe that this is quite
irregular, but agreed to accept it anyway owing to the extremely unusual circumstances of the IANAPLAN work: the importance of the
overall topic across several communities, and the fact of deadlines
imposed by external entities and processes.  We understand the present
circumstances to be entirely unique, and therefore this case can
set no precedent for other appeals where the more usual IETF
conditions prevail.

We have agreed to this course of action very reluctantly, and
emphasize that we will neither contemplate further grace periods nor
accept anything formal from you on this topic starting at 2015-06-23
00:00 UTC.

I am copying this notice to you, along with your original request (below), to the IETF and IANAPLAN lists, in the interests of transparency.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
IAB chair