Re: proposed surprise hack, was IESG Statement on surprised authors

Yup. This seems like a really nice compromise -- folk who want to can opt in to this system, and those who don't, well, don't.

<Warren tips hat to John>

I do not participate in the code sprint (busy NOCing at that time), but otherwise I'd be willing to try add this... although you probably don't want me anywhere near the codebase :-P

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:26 PM Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 3, 2015, at 11:21 AM, John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Add a new database table of surprise-averse authors.  Allow people to
> register their addresses, with the usual confirmation click through
> mail.  Now when an I-D is posted, if it has a surprise-averse author
> listed and that author isn't on an earlier version of the same I-D,
> that author has to confirm the draft before it's posted.  (If there
> are also non-averse authors, they can confirm it too but there's no
> point since it doesn't move forward until the averse authors do.)

WFM!