Re: MD5 crypto!

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:48:56PM +0000, l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Despite the existence of RFC6151...
>
> http://www.loginwall.com/Solutions.php

Very much not surprising:

    LoginWall passwords (LoginWall on Key, LoginWall between Keys,
    and LoginWall Combo) are the next generation in password
    security. LoginWall technology adds a new, second parameter to
    the conventional character-based password. This dual parameter
    feature produces a hack-proof login password.

    LoginWall uses multiple encryption layers, which include several
    MD5 encryptions for different keys. This and the inclusion of
    one or more time-based parameters make it practically impossible
    to crack a LoginWall password --even for the strongest computer
    in the world.

    Why take any chances, when you can choose LoginWall?

I think MD5 tastes better when taken with a bit of snake-oil.  It
is possible, I guess, that there's a legitimate product hiding
behind a classic snake-oil marketing MO, but I for one would not
bother to check.  The marketing thoroughly discredits the product.

--
	Viktor.