Re: Use of private OIDs in WG (standard-track) documents

Victor eve understates the case

Ietf could assign oids in pretty much any space it likes and get away with it. Only recourse would be a lawsuit and heaven help the lawyer trying to draft a claim

All the registries do is to help avoid collisions. These are really just numbers we have a process for avoiding double issue of

Sent from my difference engine