Confidentiality (was - Re: Nomcom feedback to appointees not up for renewal)

On 3/26/2015 9:41 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Michael StJohns <mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

  And then there's
>     the whole confidentiality model the Nomcom and CBs are currently
>     tied to and how that would need to be morphed to enable this.
>
> [MB] And the latter is my biggest concern.  I think this feedback model
> has the potential to seriously compromise the Nomcom process. My
> interpretation of the process as a past chair was that providing this
> feedback actually violates the confidentiality of the Nomcom process.  I
> know it happens unofficially, but I don't think that's ideal.
> [/MB]

I do not understand the nature of this confidentiality concern.

If nomcom interviews disclose a pattern of statement that AD Brute is
confrontational and intimidating in their interactions style, then
having a chat with the AD, describing the pattern of perceptions and the
need for a softer and more respectful and more collaborative style, does
not violate anyone's confidentiality.

d/

--
Dave Crocker