Re: Strong objection to draft-ietf-WG-*.all noise levels

--On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 08:00 +1300 Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that the tracker has started using email aliases of the
> form draft-ietf-WG-*.all@xxxxxxxx to report on state changes,
> and that these aliases now apparently include the WG as well
> as the interested parties.
>
> This is highly obnoxious

+1.

For those of us whose instinctive response to a high level of
noise on a WG list that we don't absolutely need to follow is to
simply ignore that list (or delete traffic to it without
reading) for a while, this comes close to a self-inflicted DoS
attack on the WG.

    john