Re: Naive question on multiple TCP/IP channels

On 2/5/2015 11:51 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

> OK yes, My Netflix download is going to kill your VOIP call.
>
> Can't fix the queuing algorithm for just one interaction...
>

> The reason I started pushing on this is that in the wake of Title II I
> am expecting a lot of people to be asking me to explain how the Internet
> worketh and this is precisely the sort of example that shows how (1)
> things are more complex than they appear, (2) how some sort of
> coordination is needed and (3) how the coordination needs to take less
> than five years to come to a decision.

The AQM working group is attempting to do helpful things here, and
could certainly use more feedback on some of the drafts:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/aqm/documents/

*Please* feel welcomed to comment on the drafts, as part of the
intention is to directly deal with the sorts of problems that have
been mentioned in this thread.

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems