Re: Proposed IETF Websites’ Privacy Policy; Community Input Requested

Does the IETF have a privacy policy overall?

One of the things that I find frequently frustrating is that an entity will handle sensitive data (and realise that the definition of that is *very* broad these days), only to have a policy that's applicable to its Web site, which only covers a small portion of the interactions that it's involved in.

If we're going to go to the trouble of developing a privacy policy (and I think we should, even as an "open" organisation), it would be worthwhile to include all interactions, not just those that go through a Web browser.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/