Yet another tracking enhancement suggestion

Making the assumption that ID submissions are easy to parse for their references - perhaps it might be useful for the submission tools to send a note to the reference authors/point of contact that a draft dependent on that reference is in progress?  And give a link for "track status" subscriptions.

Here's my thinking on this - mostly I see the last call/RFC announcements for documents that have gone through a lot of review and a lot of thought, but still occasionally are missing the nuances or edge conditions when bringing in other references.   The current one is a DNSSEC related document that doesn't quite have the correct statement about what "revoked" does.  The document is Informational and so the issue is minor, but would have been fixable had I caught it in the stream of ID announcements earlier.

This is a minor tweak - and no real harm if its not implemented, but might be helpful in the future.

Mike