Re: [saag] i18n requirements (was: Re: NF* (Re: PKCS#11 URI slot attributes & last call))

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:26 PM, Peter Gutmann
<pgut001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>I would urge, as I think I did before, some fairly strong warnings that, at
>>least until the issues are clarified in PKCS#11 itself, one should be very
>>certain one knows what one is doing (and what the consequences of one's
>>choices will be) if one decides to move beyond the safety and general
>>understanding of the ASCII/ ISO 646/ IA5 letter and digit repertoire.
> I'd go even further than that and just mandate MUST ASCII.  This is a simple
> means of pointing to a PKCS #11 object, not a universal means of communicating
> abstract concepts in any language known to man.

Correct, but that can be done by the OASIS PKCS #11 group, not by
IETF. Here the draft proposes a way to expose PKCS #11 objects/tokens
as a URI. It cannot mandate the format of the PKCS #11 attributes a
module will contain.

regards,
Nikos