Re: IETF areas re-organisation steps

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 04:47:48PM -0600, Nico Williams wrote:
> Again, if too much structure is the problem (the WG square pegs not
> fitting in the "area" circular slots), then reducing the amount of
> structure seems likely better than adding structure.

Reducing the amount of structure now might allow for a better structure
-that we can't yet see- to arise organically.

If we're going to experiment, try reducing structure.

Another benefit of this approach is that it will allow the IESG to be
right-sized more easily, with the IESG asking for more members if it's
overloaded, and the NOMCOM not nominating anyone for open-but-unneeded
positions.

Nico