Re: Redundant email floods

On 18 Dec 2014, at 16:48, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can something be done about it?

I have wondered whether there should be a field in the submit interface where the authors can say why this new version is being submitted.  That could then be the most prominent part of the I-D announce and would obviate at least one additional message.  (With that, potentially there should be an option to have the I-D announce sent to one WG, for an individual draft, too.)

Grüße, Carsten