Re: Closing down draft-secretaries-good-practices

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Ralph Droms <rdroms.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Adrian - I have to say I had an entirely different experience than you apparently did with the IETF discussion of this document.  Without exhaustively reviewing the various threads, my recollection is that the *content* of the document was mostly considered useful, while there was significant disagreement with the *process* of publishing that content as a BCP or (later) Informational RFC.  I specifically don't recall any attempt to ascribe anything but good intentions to the authors and I do recall many descriptions of the content of the document like "very useful material" (my own words).

I am (or was) also supportive of its publication as an Informational RFC.  Though I have never had or functioned as a WG secretary, I know some co-chairs find it useful if not necessary to smooth operation of their working groups.  That being the case, RFC2418 clearly says too little about this as-is.

I thus expressed support for the work and, relative to the comments of others, I thought my points were quite resolvable.

-MSK