Re: Cited documents, was Status of RFC 20

>> To the best of my knowledge, there has _never_ been a
>> requirement that cited documents be available online, and
>> especially that authoritative copies be available online.
>
>But perhaps there should be one as to new RFCs.

That means nobody can cite a printed book, or an article from an ACM
or IEEE journal.  (To the extent the latter two are online, they're
PDFs behind a paywall.)

This seems to me to be making rules for the sake of making rules, not
because there is a problem that needs to be solved.

R's,
John