Re: Status of RFC 20 (was: Re: Gen-ART and OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-json-text-sequence-09)

On 6 December 2014 at 22:49, <l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Security pedants might wonder why there is no easy way to authenticate electronic copies of RFCs, given the vast array of security-related protocols that the IETF has defined. How can I check the integrity of an RFC document and that it hasn't been tampered with? I imagine an MD5sum just won't do.

All the copies I'm reading are properly signed, according to RFC 4637. If yours aren't, maybe they *have* been tampered with.

Dave.