Re: Last Call: RFC 6346 successful: moving to Proposed Standard

I do not support this action, considering the statement motivating the action and the text in RFC 6346.

In my opinion, the document has been successful in providing a framework for development of specific protocols using the techniques described in the document.  It doesn't describe a specific protocol, as such, and there is no need or advantage to moving it to Proposed Standard.

If the document is moved to Proposed Standard, I recommend that the IESG request some additional information before approving the action.

Specifically, which mechanisms using A+P have been designed, implemented and deployed?  Which of the techniques in RFC 6346 have been incorporated into these deployed mechanisms?  Have all of the techniques that would now have "Proposed Standard" status been incorporated into specific deployed mechanisms?

- Ralph