Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05.txt> (The "safe" HTTP Preference) to Proposed Standard

Reminder: if you want an e-mail response to a message on this list, please CC: me.

Doug Barton said:

> Mark, can you respond to this point in more detail? Specifically, given
> that there are already more-granular cookie-based solutions which are
> nearly universally deployed, how much does preventing granularity in the
> initial signal to the site help avoid this pitfall?

Because the hint is potentially sent on *all* requests, not just selected sites.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/