RE: [mpls] [Gen-art] review: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-04

Inline, thanks.

draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-
> relay-reply.all
> Subject: Re: [mpls] [Gen-art] review:
draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-04

> In line.
>
> On 10/21/14, 10:36 AM, lizho.jin@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi Joel, see inline below, thanks.
> >
> > Lizhong
> >

> >> 2014.10.21,PM9:30,Joel M. Halpern <jmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :
> >>
> >> If the process for this draft is to use the top address that can be
> >> reached in the routing table, then there is a significant probability
> >> that the original source address, which is always at the top of the
> >> list, will be used.  As such, the intended problem will not be
> >> solved.
> > [Lizhong] let me give an example to explain: the source address A is
> > firstly added to the stack, then a second routable address B for
> > replying AS is also added. The reply node will not use address A since
> > it's not routable, then it will use address B. So it will work and I
> > don't see the problem.
>
> The whole point of this relay mechanism, as I understand it, is to cope
with
> the case when the responder X can not actually reach the source A.
>  Now suppose that the packet arrives at X with the Address stack A, B, ...
> examines the stack.  The domain of A was numbered using net 10.
> The domain of X is numbered using net 10.  A's address is probably
routable
> in X's routing table.  The problem is, that routing will not get to A.  X
examines
> the stack, determines that A is "routable", and sends the packet.  This
fails to
> meet the goal.
[Lizhong] The source A you are referring is the initiator, right? The goal
of relay mechanism is to reach the initiator. If X is routable to the
initiator (address A), then it is great, other relay node in the stack will
be skipped.
If the source A you are referring is the interface address of one
intermediate node, then I do not understand "routing will not get to A.  X
examines the stack, determines that A is "routable", and sends the packet".
Why routing will not get to A, but A is routable?

Regards
Lizhong