Re: Proposed IESG structure change

There is a big difference between having the right to do something and
it being wise.

The origin of the IETF was a DARPA program manager handing out the
money. Which is perfectly fine for people like me who come from a
country based on the principle of strange women lying around in ponds
distributing swords. It might not be as acceptable to folk whose
foundation myths are different.

There might be a good reason for this change but I certainly don't see
that a case has been made for urgency.

There is certainly something odd about the way apps is working right
now. But I don't think the IESG has made a case that they understand
the problem, let alone what the solution should be.

I am also rather concerned about the possibility of setting an
unfortunate precedent.