Re: Proposed IESG structure change

This is really tempting and has a lot going for it. However, my main concern is once we build a bureaucracy, it never goes away. In the case under discussion, the Division of Applications would still be with us in 2050 (if the IETF lasted that long). So, I think a professional secretariat helping with the technology would help in the short term, but will kill the relevance of the IETF in the long term.

On Oct 10, 2014, at 4:46 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let me extend your suggestion in another direction, not to
> support that direction (I have mixed feelings at best) but to
> follow your lead in trying to open up the thinking and
> discussion a bit.
[snip]