Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

On Oct 2, 2014, at 12:25 PM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want developers and implementers to come to my meetings, not (just) people who are the “regulars.”

Just picking two good developer conferences ... Both Google IO and Apple WWDC cost more than IETF - and like IETF, the part many people are going for is often one particular 3 hour session.

I want implementers to come - and many do - and I want them to be regulars because I believe you get much better compromises when all the players are repeat players. I'm pretty skeptical that doubling of halving our current registration fee would material impact the number of people coming to the meeting that are directly involved with implementing stuff.