Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

Carsten,

> It is also hard to belabor because we don’t really have data.
> Clearly, Minneapolis, Berlin, Prague etc. were inexpensive,

Data point: when I check the Minneapolis Hilton for the IETF dates I get the 229$ rate, whereas in Honolulu I pay 185$. I know, one is negotiated, the other one isn’t, and there’s travel cost to be involved. FWIW, Minneapolis is a horrible destination for me due to the limitations on what airlines fly there. I keep repeating “Vancouver” whenever people say “Minneapolis”. I’ll say it again: Vancouver is a nice city :-)

> So my summary is:
> — let this one through,
> — but don’t stop thinking about we can avoid this becoming a never-ending ratchet;
> — but more importantly invest some more energy in containing the explosion of total meeting attendance cost.

Excellent summary. And I think this is exactly what we intend to do.

Jari