Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

On 10/1/2014 7:43 AM, IETF Chair wrote:
> Early Bird Fee              $650 to $700, or 8%
> The cause for the increase is a trend in rising costs.

Merely as a matter of normal due diligence, I suggest having the
proposal include a comparison against industry-wide meeting cost trends,
so that the IETF increase can be considered in terms of participant fees
at similar types of meetings for other groups.

In other words, does the increase for IETF attendees match the kinds of
increases being seen at other meetings?

d/

--
Dave Crocker