Re: Best tool to cut posts 6.25 inches square x 96 inches

Use a quick square to mark layout lines at the cutoff point minus the distance between the circular saw blade and the edge of the saw.   Adjust your circular saw to a depth of about an inch.  Clamp the quick square down to the post on one side lined up with the layout line.  Run the circular saw across the post using the quick square edge as a guide.  Rotate the post 90 degrees and repeat.  Do that twice more.

No need for a jig ( or chainsaw).  I assume this is a hollow post given your dimensions and material list.

Mike

Sent from my iPad