RE: Good practices (was: Gen-art LC review: draft-secretaries-good-practices-06)

SM,

> >There is text that affects the secretarial role in section 6.1.
> >Should any of that be updated? In particular, given the discussion
> >of delegation in the reviews of this document, should delegation
> >be discussed more explicitly in this section? This would be a
> >good place to discuss whether it's appropriate for a chair to
> >delegate calling consensus to a secretary.
>
> I did not find an answer to the last sentence.  There is a comment
> from Dave Crocker about "reasonable IETF process" [1].  As Robert
> Sparks noted there have been two comments during the Last Call for
> the draft (including his review)

The authors and shepherd are still working on synthesising the comments received
during last call and preparing their answers.
i don't believe this document is at the top of their list of priorities - it
will not lead to shipping code that resolves to revenue!

> and  I note that the conclusion of Last Call was "no consensus".

You may note what you like, but please don't try to call consensus on this
process.
I am the responsible AD for that stage of the process and I note that while the
last call period has expired, the discussion of the last call comments is still
slowly) on-going and making any attempt at a consensus call would be premature.

> I would appreciate some input about the following questions:
>
>    (a) Is it appropriate for a WG Chair to delegate calling consensus
> to a WG Secretary?
>
>    (b) Is it appropriate for a WG Chair to delegate calling consensus
> to a shepherd?
>
>    (c) Is the determination of IETF Consensus based on public review?

I suppose you are hoping for this list to provide "some input". Fair enough, but
why don't you start the ball rolling by giving *your* opinions and the reasoning
you have used to reach your conclusions?

Cheers,
Adrian