Re: DMARC and ietf.org

On 21/07/2014 05:09, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Leaving aside the question of whether or not IETF should use a
> workaround, I thought there was a mailman patch to deal with re-writing
> from addresses for DMARC p=reject.

No, it isn't selective for addresses from a domain with a p=reject policy.
It's clearly unacceptable to rewrite addresses that don't need to be
rewritten.

In answer to Hector: I fully agree that rewriting From is a bad idea.
I also agree that breaking mailing lists is a bad idea. The dilemma
is choosing the least bad path until a good solution is defined.

   Brian