Re: WG Review: Transport Services (taps)

Some more points:

The text does not state if/how the WG will take the impact of known
unavoidable network path issues (NAT/FW/Proxy) and known application domain
architectures (eg: browser as middleware, "web" centric applications) into
account.  IMHO, TAPS must not create ivory tower analysis that ignore these
aspect or create recommendations / directions incompatible with them,
and this should be in the charter.

I can not understand how QoS can be outside the scope of the WG when
a lot of transport protocol services differences are exactly about that.
What other than QoS mechanisms are the congestion control mechanisms
mentioned upfront ? LEDBAT is a transport for a specific QoS experience.
Is TAPS planning to ignore all protocol/queuing differences in transport
meant to deal with QoS ? Why ?

I am positively surprised though to see that IP multicast  transport
is in charter given the IAB/IESG policy that every new WG too lazy
to consider IP multicast must also explicitly rant in its charter about
t being unnecessary and complex and therefore excluded from the charter.

( I thought in face of the BCP 56 paragraph i could also put
  something into the mouth of IETF bodies - especially because i actually
  did hear that position expressed repeatedly in public by members of
  those bodies ;-P ).

Cheers
    Toerless