Re: Registration policies (was: WG Review: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (dmarc))

But other registration policies don't commit anyone to anything, and
an Independent Stream document creating a registry that requires IETF
Stream RFCs in oder to register in it... is perfectly fine.  Yes, the
IESG has discussed this in relation to other Independent Stream
documents.

Section 4 of RFC 5226 is about creating a registry.  My assumption would be that it would require some IETF action or IESG approval as it is committing the IETF to do some work in future.

I don't understand that: why does the creation of a registry commit the IETF to do work in future?

Barry