Re: not really to do with Re: WG Review: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (dmarc)

On 16. Juli 2014 07:31:50 MESZ, Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >Is there quantitative evidence that preventing spoofing of the
>> >"From" address reduces the efficacy of phishing?

At the time it is no good idea to hardly block mails with senders which seem "spoofed" (i.e. by SPF, DKIM, DNSSEC, MX and/or "similiar") because there is still to much ham in the world affected by that and as long as such solutions are not widely established spammers/hackers find enough alternatives.

And even if the address is "hardly bound" to a MTA by any solution -  we see still scenarios in practice working around that - i.e. by tricking / using the "true" mailserver i.e. by  web hijacking or client bots with access to them.

cheerioh,

Niels.
--
Niels Dettenbach