Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-netext-wifi-epc-eap-attributes-08

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the review.

Please see inline:

On 6/25/14, 12:10 AM, "Peter Yee" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
>Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
><http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>
>
>Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
>may receive.
>
>Document: draft-ietf-netext-wifi-epc-eap-attributes-08
>Reviewer: Peter Yee
>Review Date: June-24-2014
>IETF LC End Date: June-24-2014
>IESG Telechat date: TBD

>RFC, but has some nits that should be fixed before publication. [Ready
>with
>nits.]

Okay.

>The draft could do with some language cleanup, but otherwise appears fine
>for publication.
>
>Questions:
>
>Page 8, Section 5.2, 2nd paragraph, last sentence: by "present" do you
>mean
>the presence of the Type field itself or the presence of a Type field
>value?
>I believe you mean the latter, in which case you may wish to add "value"
>after "Type field".

Right, Type value. Will revise.

>Page 11, Section 5.5, diagram: the session ID would seem to run longer
>than
>32 bits in some cases.  For example, I understand a GUTI to be 62 bits (30
>bits of GUMMEI plus 32 bits of M-TMSI).  Should the diagram be modified to
>reflect the variable length?

Fair enough.

>General:
>
>Replace "WiFi" with "Wi-Fi" throughout the document to align with the
>preferred usage of the name as given by the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Ok.

>Expand acronyms on first use unless they are blazingly obvious in this
>context.  Consider citing their references for clarity.
>
>Replace "a MN" with "an MN" throughout the document.
>
>Determine if RFC 2119 language is really necessary in this document and
>then
>use it (or not) consistently.  There are SHOULDs and shalls (lower case).
>
>Leave URLs out of RFC references; they aren't included in the current
>reference format.
>
>Not all the attributes defined in Section 5 are discussed in Section 4.
>Is
>this expected or desirable?

Will add some description in Section 4.

Thanks for the thorough review below. It¹s helpful. Will revise, and let
you know if I disagree on anything.

Regards,

-Rajeev