Re: Last Call: <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> (DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements) to Best Current Practice

On 27 May 2014, at 19:09, David Conrad <drc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On May 27, 2014, at 5:27 AM, Joe Abley <jabley@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> The "J" root server does not serve .ARPA.
>> The J-Root server does serve ARPA.
>
> % dig @a.root-servers.net +short arpa ns | grep -i j
> % whois -h whois.iana.org arpa | grep -i j.root-servers.net
> %

Ah yes, perhaps my memory is faulty. ARPA is served by J-Root, but is not delegated to J-Root. Your suggested text is indeed compatible with the current observed state of things, sorry for suggesting otherwise.

Joe