Re: inquiry re. the state of protocol R&D

A world of APIs is a good thing. As long as the APIs are public and well
documented and, well, standardized.

I believe this is an evolutionary step. After you get a solid foundation
of interoperable IP and transport protocols, the next logical step is to
standardize APIs.

What lies behind the API is bound to be propietary, IMO.

cheers!

~Carlos