Re: Will mailing lists survive DMARC?

> For any mechanism, there is always the possibility that someone will
> apply it for scenarios beyond what was originally envisioned.  Often
> that is a large benefit.  Often is not always.

Mailing lists are hardly an obscure corner case in email.

> The distinctive issue now is that that extension is being done by
> very large players.  The phrase "Too big to ignore" has been
> rattling around in my brain for the last few weeks...

The problem would be big enough if even a minor actor did this and
it affected niche lists. The IETF endorsing FSVO endorsing a method
that breaks mailing lists if implemented in a way that suits systems
processing large amounts of email is simply not good enough.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668