Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-bfd-mib-17

Hi Randy,

Inline for my comments.
On Apr 17, 2014, at 7:47 PM, Randy Presuhn wrote:

> Hi -

True, you could add only read-only objects.
But the point is, not with syntax or what could be added or augmented.
In order to support new functionality, we are extending/augmenting existing base MIB and in addition some write-access objects as well. If we make those new ones read-only objects, then only some objects or tables could be used with write-access and these new objects (read-only) have to be configured differently. In other words, full functionality cannot be provided. This got nothing to do with SMI.

The point we are extending or re-using the base MIB is not to re-define new objects altogether and also to re-use the applications. Atleast that is what we have done in this case.

Hope this clarifies.

cheers
-sam