RE: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-bfd-mib-17

Hi Nobo,

> > This MIB contains many writable objects, so the authors should take note of
> > the IESG statement on writable MIB modules:
> >
> > 	http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/writable-mib-module.html
> >
> > I did not see this mentioned in the shepherd writeup.  If the OPS Area has
> > not been consulted, I strongly suggest doing so during IETF Last Call, e.g.,
> > starting with Benoit Claise (AD).
>
> I remember seeing the statement from IESG, which I agree is a good direction
> for new charter items. [This] BFD MIB, on the other hand, is almost 10 years
> old, with several implementations already around. I highly suspect the WG will
> not want to see *change of direction* at this point. With that said, let me
> take this up with the AD and the Shepherd.

I have no problem with "running code" as a good reason to continue with
writable objects in this MIB; taking this topic up with your AD and Shepherd
should suffice.

> > I suggest that the authors recheck the entire MIB to ensure that every object
> > or table that should be included in the security considerations section is
> > appropriately included.
>
> I've gone through them. There are set of objects which really should not be
> modified once a session is functioning. I've added this in the security
> considerations section.

Good - thank you for doing that.

Everything else is fine with me, and I appreciate the prompt response.

Thanks,
--David