Re: RFC 7168 on The Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol for Tea Efflux Appliances (HTCPCP-TEA)

On 03/04/2014 13:01, John C Klensin wrote:

> --On Wednesday, April 02, 2014 19:42 -0400 Ted Lemon
> <ted.lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 2, 2014, at 6:54 PM, Clint Chaplin
>> <clint.chaplin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Will there be an option for not-tea?
>> No.   You can't have tea and not-tea.
>
> At least until you answer the question "when is tea not tea" in
> a satisfactory way.  For example, the stuff that comes
> identified as tea but arrives in bags in many bad restaurants
> (and others that should know better), is pretty clearly not tea
> but it is less clear whether it is not-tea or not.

RFC 7169 describes a situation where TRUE and FALSE might mean the
same thing. I can't see, therefore, why tea and not-tea cannot
be simultaneously true (or false).

In the supermarket the other day, I was handed a free sample
of Red Bush Tea, which is clearly not tea. I do not know
whether it is not-tea.

   Brian