Re: Marketing IETF drafts/projects ( was Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

On 2014-3-24, at 16:02, Ted Lemon <ted.lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2014, at 7:34 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> There is <http://www.ietf.org/usagedata/>.
>
> What this tells me is that aside from top-page visits, most visits are broadly distributed over enough URLs that you'd have to group URLs into a class to know what class of URLs are getting those hits.   I would guess, though, that it's the RFC library that's generating most of the hits, unless it's the mailing list archives.

It's not just knowing what the top URLs are. You need the referrer information, to be able to figure out which page transitions are most common (and should therefore be doable without pinching/flicking).

But that is for the contractor to figure out, not us.

Lars