Re: [Internetgovtech] Guiding the Evolution of the IANA Protocol Parameter Registries

On 13/03/2014 19:34, Eliot Lear wrote:
> Pindar,
>
> On 3/13/14, 6:47 AM, Pindar Wong wrote:
>> fwiw also be mindful of
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sui_generis_database_right
>>
>> p.
>>

> Indeed.  But I do think there is probably an additional word or two we
> can say about seeing that any intellectual property that exists in the
> parameters stays with the IETF, for the purpose of making it available
> to all.

For everything assigned since the IETF/IANA MoU was ratified in
March 2000, we could certainly make that assertion, and presumably
vest the IPR in the IETF Trust. For assignments prior to March
2000, I think things are less clear. IANAL.

   Brian