RE: Removing stuff from archives (Re: Anti-harassment procedures - next version)

Harald echoes my original email

Just to show diversity, I agree with Bjoern and disagree with Patrik.

I think that AB's 2119 MUST is far too strong.
I think that Patrik's requirement that the archives retain everything posted is
too rigid.

In the I-D, Pete and I have tried to devolve such decisions (on other things) to
the Ombudsperson on the grounds that we want consistency of application, and
reasonable assessment of what should be removed.

I believe that for legal reasons, the original email must be retained in a
non-public place that can be accessed by the Secretariat.

Can we leave this, that the authors will add a line to the document noting that
this is an action the Ombudsperson may consider? Then we can all move on to
making the Internet better.

Adrian