Re: Some Comments for Tutorial slides presented in IETF 89

> AB4- Slides 4, 10 and 37, are confusing. In S4 it says IETF has no members,
> but in S10 it says IESG members and other body members, also in S37 shows
> that IESG is part of IETF. That may mean that IETF has members, so we cannot
> say as in S4 that IETF has no members.

There's no conflict here, and your last sentence doesn't follow from the rest.

The IETF has "participants", not members.  You are a participant,
simply because you participate.  You didn't have to do anything to
become a member -- you don't have to pay anything, you don't have to
work for a member company, and so on.

The IETF has a set of administrative bodies that manage its process.
Those bodies have members, appointed from the set of IETF participants
through a defined process.

The IETF has no members.  The administrative bodies do.

Barry