From: ietf [ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patrik Fältström [paf@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 23 February 2014 09:47
To: dcrocker@xxxxxxxx; Adrian Farrel; Pete Resnick
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx Discussion
Subject: Re: Basic Issues  (was Re: anti-harassment procedures)

On 2014-02-22 23:12, Dave Crocker wrote:
> 1. Ombud Formation

Please either call this "ombudsman" or come up with a different word.

The word "ombud" in Swedish (where "Ombudsman" comes from) does
definitely not have the same neutral meaning as "ombudsman" has. In
fact, "ombud" is absolutely not neutral but a proxy that acts on behalf
of someone else.

I.e. "ombud" and "ombudsman" are two different words, and you can not
"just" remove the ending "man" that part from meaning "male" also means
"human".

   Patrik